The BB1 introduced anglers to several bait cast reel firsts, including the low-profile design, narrow spool, fully disengaging level wind, and no-knob palming side cover. It became famous for its rugged durability, casting distance, and comfort.
The ingenuity and craftsmanship of the Lew's® BB1 reels developed a loyal following of anglers that still carries on to this day. Since the rebirth of Lew's brand, these anglers have been asking for the revival of the BB1 reels. Here’s the answer - the new BB1 and BB1Z baitcasting series reels made even better than before with the use of modern technology and materials.
- One-piece aluminum frame
- Machined, double anodized aluminum, U-shaped large capacity spool
- A premium 10-bearing system with double-shielded ball bearings and multi-stop anti-reverse (BB1 and BB1L models)
- A premium 10-bearing system with double-shielded ball bearings and Zero-Reverse anti-reverse (BB1HZ, BB1SHZ, BB1HZL, BB1SHZL)
- Positive on/off Smart Plus™ Six Pin centrifugal braking system.
- Double anodized aluminum spool tension knob with an audible click
- Carbon fiber aluminum star drag system with 20-lbs. of drag power
- Bowed 95MM aluminum cranking handle with Lew's® custom SoftTouch contoured paddle handle knob
- Oversized titanium coated Zirconia line guide positioned further away from spool to minimize line friction and maximize casting performance
- Quick-release side plate mechanism provides easy access to the centrifugal brake system
- External lube port